Below are the most commonly asked questions regarding our bidet products.
If you do not find an answer you a looking for, please contact me via the green chat link below.
Alternatively, you can call us on FREECALL 1800 BidetShop (That’s 1800 288 335).
- Payment Options?Payments via phone. What are my options?
If you phone an order we can process Visa and Mastercard only.
Credit Card processing over the phone 1800 288 335 is only available on weekdays between 8am to 4pm AEST.Payment via Paypal
Paypal is a good option for both buyer and seller as it offers significant fraud protection.
For Overseas Buyers
For overseas buyers Paypal is the only option we accept. Paypal also supports a wider range of credit cards including Amercian Express.Payment via Direct Deposit
Acct: The Bidet Shop
Bank: Commenwealth Bank
BSB : 064-430
AcctNo : 1079 1849
Note: Please include your invoice number in the comments or reference area when depositing. If your banking institution does not include this facility please send an email to accounts stating your order number so we can process your order immediately.Cheque & Postal Order
Simply send a copy of your order with cheque or postal order to the address below:
The Bidet Shop
Locked Bag 5000,
Australia Fair, QLD 4215
Note: Please include your invoice number in the letter. If you do not have an order number please call us on 1800 288 335
- Shipping InformationDelivery Address and Contact Details
When placing an order with The Bidet Shop Online we require a physical street address. To assist us in processing your order, please also provide your phone number. Please note that Australia Post require an authorised signatory to be at the delivery address to sign for and collect the goods.
Standard Shipping Method: Australia Post
The Bidet Shop Online use only Australia Post to deliver all our products. The service provides upto 3 business day delivery (metro areas AU wide), signature receipt. You have to be at the address given to receive the goods.
Standard Delivery charges per order are $35.00 AU wide.
In some circumstances delivery charges may increase from $35.00 per order due to incorrect address data, repeated attempts to deliver a package without success due to client unavailability or other unforseen circumstances.
Proof of Delivery
Should you require a proof of delivery at any time (after the standard lead time), please call us on +61 7 5570 2874 or email: sales(at)thebidetshop.com.au and we will arrange for a copy to be sent to you.
For Australia wide deliveries we use Australia Post.
Not received item
If you have not received your order after 5 business days, please contact us on +617 5591 774 and one of our staff members will track your order.
- Warranty and Returns Policy?Please choose carefully we do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind, or for health reasons if the bidet has been used. A restocking charge my be applicable.
You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are faluty and can not be reapired, have been wrongly described, or are different from a sample shown to you.
If a product is refunded for any reason, you are liable for 20% (twenty percent) restocking fee plus bank fees, postage fees along with any installation or de-installation costs incurred.
Warranty is back to base. Please ring on 1800 288 335 if you would like to arrange the postage.
Please keep your invoice for warranty purposes. Warranty period is 12 months from date of Invoice.
You can feel at ease that if your bidet breaks down due to a manufacturing fault during the warranty period we will gladly pay for shipment of your bidet to our repair centre where your bidet will be repaired the same day that it arrives. After repairs and testing have been carried out it will then be shipped straight back to you at no charge.
It's not your fault if you have a problem so why should it cost you money to send it off for repair. This service is unique to The Bidet Shop and is not offered by any other company to our knowledge.
With the confidence we take from the quality of our bidets, The Bidet Shop has recently introduced a Peace of Mind Protection Plan for customers who wish to extend the standard manufactures warranty. With four plans to choose from and a buy-back option, there is something for everyone.
Our friendly professional staff are happy to discuss these options with you.
- Terms and Conditions?Delivery For delivery details please refer to our shipping information page.
Limitation Of Liability And Warranty All items offered for sale on this site have been displayed with the pictures and text supplied by the manufacturer. Whilst every effort is made to verify this information, mistakes can occur for which The Bidet Shop Online cannot accept any liability.
If however, this effects the use of your purchase, we will be happy to exchange any item as detailed in the return and refunds section within Store Policies.
Warranty period is 12 months from date of Invoice. For full details please click here
Returns Policy All returns are subject to our returns policy available here. If you believe you have received a faulty product please review our product return procedure here.
Pricing All the pricing on the website and the quotes we give you are based on market prices and what we have in stock. If prices go up we have to charge you more money. If you place an order and we do not have stock, and our new stock has gone up in price then we have to charge you the new price (we try to avoid this). However this works both ways, if prices go down, we will charge you less money. We would never charge a credit card a different price without the buyers permission. If you are not happy with the new price you can cancel the order without penalty.
Quotes All quotes are valid for 5 days only unless noted otherwise.
Ordering Methods We accept orders by the internet, phone and conventional mail.
Payment Methods We accept the following payment methods:
Credit Card: Visa & Mastercard via Paypal payments Credit Card: Visa & Mastercard via phone Direct Deposit Cheque For full payment details please click here
Online Transactions: We use Paypal to process online credit card transactions as both have excellent security practices. If you do not feel comfortable processing your card online you may phone your details through. Once processed all records with your details are destroyed. We do not keep credit card details.
Purchasing Risks There are a few things you should know as a consumer before purchasing any goods.
Ownership: If you pay for the product before it is shipped, you own the product ex warehouse. i.e. When we give the product to the courier, you own it. If the courier loses it, we are not liable to replace it. However, even though we are not obligated to replace it, more often then not we will. If you purchase on account, The Bidet Shop Australia retains ownership until you pay. If you cannot pay, we are legally entitled to collect the goods from you.
Liability The Bidet Shop Online accepts no liability if something goes wrong while using one of our products. We will honour our warranties and guarantees for our product, but accept no responsibility for loss of business or damage to a computer due to using one of our upgrades.
Legal information Some of the information provided here are legal matters. The Bidet Shop Online provides this as general information. We do not provide it as legal advice. Always seek your own legal advice. Need more information? Contact The Law Society in your state.
Intellectual property This contents of this website is copyright The Bidet Shop 2011. Any reproduction without express written consent will be treated as infringement under copyright laws. Please contact us for further details or to discuss any requirements you have. Some names and trademarks have been reproduced, in a text format, for general information purposes and remain the property of their rightful owners.
Linking to our website You cannot link to anywhere on the The Bidet Shop Online website without our explicit permission!
Operating hours The Bidet Shop Online office hours are Monday through to Friday 8am to 4pm AEST.
Business Address Click here to view our contact information
We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service. Direct Email & Marketing Materials
We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent. We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us or from another trader in the future. Information we collect The type of information we will collect about you includes:
Your Name Address Phone Number Email Address Credit/debit card details for transaction purposes only. No credit data is retained after the transaction. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
Cookies We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us
- Why use a bidet?The short answer? For your HEALTH and WELLBEING.
Imagine instead of a shower or bath you started each day by grabbing a tissue and wiping your face and underarms, would you feel clean?
The bidets we supply cleanse your private parts with a stream of pure filtered warm water and then dries you with a gentle temperature controlled air flow every time you use it. Leaving you feeling fresh and clean. No amount of toilet paper can clean you as well as the washing and drying functions performed by an electronic bidet.
- I thought bidets were only for women?That is a popular misconception. The bidet is highly recommended by health specialists for use by both men and women. Our bidet has 2 cleansing nozzles.
One being for cleansing of the bottom and the other for the exclusive cleansing of the vaginal area. For women who want more effective feminine hygiene during monthly menstrual cycles, the bidet is the best way to accomplish this task.
- Is it easy to install?The bidet can be installed directly to the existing plumbing of your toilet. All the parts required are included, and the instructions are easy to follow.
The only thing that you will have to do after connecting the plumbing, is to plug the unit into a wall socket. And if you don't want to do it yourself, any handyman or plumber can install your bidet in a few minutes.
- Is the bidet safe to use on a septic system?Yes.
As no toilet paper products are required and the water is purified by the in built filter, the installation of our bidet system is probably the best thing for your septic system.
- How much water does it use?Not much. About 2 glasses of water (500ml) per average wash. You use 4 times this amount (2 litres ) when you wash your hands.
Did you know that a 10 minute shower can use as much as 120 litres? So the amount of water you would use with our bidets over a whole year could be less than having 2 ten minute showers.
A lot of water is used in the manufacturing processes required to produce the toilet paper and a lot of chemicals and dioxins are used in this process. If you don't use toilet paper, apart from saving money every week, you will also be doing your part in reducing the pollution discharged into streams and rivers, generated by the manufacture of toilet paper.
- I am a personal carer. How will your bidet help meThe bidet supplied by thebidetshoponline.com.au is an invaluable aid to personal hygiene. The bidet is gaining popularity among senior citizens, the disabled, and those with impaired motor functions and those who may have issues with the control of their bodily functions. It has restored a sense of dignity and independence for thousands of Australians (see testimonials in this site).
We strongly recommend that if you are operating the bidet for another person please use the bidet yourself first to make sure that the temperatures are set to a comfortable level for your patient, preferably at the lowest setting. More importantly these devices can and should be used by healthy people of every age and gender who want to remain healthy and feel truly clean.
- My children play with everything. Can they start the bidet and spray water all over the bathroom?The functions of the bidet can only be activated when a person sits on the toilet seat. When the person stands up all functions on the bidet will stop.
- How can a bidet improve my sex life?When cleanliness is an issue, both men and women who want better hygiene before or after sexual activities can utilize our bidet for the cleansing and pulsating massage functions.
- Why should i purchase a bidet from you?thebidetshoponline.com.au prides itself on only supplying its customers with state of the art products that have been tested to conform to Australian standards.
The bidets supplied by The Bidet Shop are the most advanced bidets on the market today. They feature an instantaneous heating system that heats the water instantly while you use it. They have no internal tank that requires heating as all other bidets have. We all know what problems may occur with water sitting warm in a container over a few days. So the water supplied by our bidets is as fresh and clean as possible.
Our bidets also feature two separate cleansing nozzles one for the bottom and one for the ladies so any cross contamination that may occur with a single nozzle bidet can't occur with a bidet from The Bidet Shop. Many of the bidets that we have considered for introduction into the Australian market – (units that may have passed the European, American and Asian safety standards) - fall short of meeting the strict Australian standards requirements and are therefore rejected by The Bidet Shop.
- What about price?Our range of bidets are probably the most affordable bidets on the market today when compared to bidets of equal standard and quality. Over a 2 year period the money an average family with 3 children will save on toilet paper alone, will offset a major portion of the price of a bidet.
- Do you stand behind your statement regarding price?thebidetshoponline.com.auThe Bidet Shop Online will beat any competitor’s advertised price on the same model by 10%. Simply supply us with a copy of the competitors advertisement. If we don’t have the exact same model, we’re certain we will have a similarly priced model with more features and, unlike those competitors, we’ll provide you with a bidet that meets every Australian Standard.
- History of the Bidet?Bidets are often referred to as washlets, bidettes and Japanese toilet seats. Although bidet is the accepted word for these sorts of toilets. It is established that the first references to the bidet as it appears now trace back to late 17th century France. It is thought that these bidets were first made by French furniture makers. The first electronic bidet was made in the 1960's, however, non-electronic bidets are extremely common in many European, Asian, and Middle-Eastern countries and because of this, bidets are commonly a standard fixture in all buildings.
The bidet's popularity in the western world is rapidly catching on, this is due to the fact that bidets are far superior than using the western method of toilet paper; especially in the hygiene department. The reason why the bidet has not been completely embraced however, is mainly due to the bidet being seen as intimidating and strange for first time users. While the bidet may be strange at first use, once you use it you will not know why you didn't buy one sooner.
At The Bidet Shop Australia we commonly have customers that want a bidet after returning from overseas and having experienced first hand the benefits and comfort that a bidet provides as opposed to toilet-paper toilets. It is because of these features and benefits that they can't stand to use traditional toilet paper toilets any longer.
Many well travelled people, many celebrities and people from all walks of life regardless of age or gender have abandoned the archaic method of wiping and have fully embraced the bidet, often buying one for every toilet in their house.
Check out our videos
- Bidet Standards?To our knowledge
- Most bidets in the Australia and New Zealand markets are sold lacking the required certification and testing and/or supplied and installed by importers that work out of their homes.
- Bidet Shop Australia is the only supplier and retailer of bidets, walk in baths and associated products that actually has it's own retail shops, warehousing, distribution facilities and installation networks throughout the country.
- Bidet Shop Australia is the only bidet supplier in Australia and New Zealand to hold Watermark Level One and Electrical Certification. (Not just Ctick)